La Roda de Andalucia in Seville in the south eastern corner of the province. Surrounded by olive groves, it contains the baroque 17th century church of Santa Ana.
Ayuntamiento de La Roda de Andalucia
Real, 25, 41590 La Roda de Andalucia (Seville)
|Health Clinic||Bars, shops, restaurants||Schools||Municipal pool||Beach
|Golf nearby||Malaga 75km Granada 120km Seville 130km||Bus and train
La Roda in Seville is situated on the A92 motorway 18km from Estepa on the border with the province of Cordoba. There is a train station just outside the town and trains can be taken from here to various parts of Andalucia.
Some historians suggest the origins of the town date to a settlement with the name Celtibero de Uragao. Later on, in the Roman era the historian Madoz cites it as Carruca, where rams and utensils of the Civil War have been found from the Battle of Munda between Julio Cesar and Pompeyo.
- Second Sunday of May – La Roda include a pilgrimage in honour of San Pancracio
- 24th of May – The festival of Maria Auxiliadora.
- Last weekend of June – The fiesta of San Pedro
- 16th of July – The fiesta in honour of the Virgen del Carmen.
- Celebrated enthusiastically on the first weekend of August is the Verbena del Emigrante.