Castillo de Locubin in Jaen is a village located in the south-western corner of the province in Andalucia, Spain. Its rugged landscape is dedicated to olive trees and cereals. In the beautiful village centre of Castillo de Locubin in Jaen we must mention the Castle of la Villeta and the Church of San Pedro.
Ayuntamiento de Castillo de Locubin
C/ Blas Infante, 19, Castillo de Locubin (Jaen)
|Health Clinic||Bars, shops, restaurants||Schools||Municipal pool||Beach
1h 15 min
|Golf nearby||Antequera 115km Malaga 158km Granada 66km Seville 214km||Bus and train
Castillo de Locubin in Jaen is a pueblo blanco or white village, so named for the white-washed external walls of the houses. It is located in the foothills of the Sierra Sur. The Moorish castle is in ruins. The 16th century church is dedicated to St Peter the Apostle. Castillo main local crafts are pottery and ceramics. Castillo is 7 kilometers north of Alcala la Real and 2km from the N432 main road.
This civil and religious dependence of the village with regard to Alcala la Real lasted until the first decades of XIX century. In 1600 the inhabitants claimed its segregation for the first time but without success. In 1627 the king Felipe IV sold the place to the marquis of Trujillo, which meant its segregation.
- First week in June – Castillo de Locubin has a cherry fair to celebrate the Cherry harvest is held, with competitions for the best liqueurs, desserts and cuisine based on cherry.