El Saucejo in Seville is situated in the foothills of the Serrania de Ronda, a large mountain range between the provinces of Seville, Malaga and Cadiz. The village El Saucejo is known for its fresh water springs. El Saucejo was originally known as La Puebla del Saucejo.
Ayuntamiento de El Saucejo,
Plaza de la Constitucion 12, 41650 El Saucejo (Seville)
|Health Clinic||Bars, shops, restaurants||Schools||Municipal pool||Beach
|Golf nearby||Antequera 58km Malaga 120km Granada 150km Seville 115km||Bus and train
El Saucejo in Seville is a small but beautiful village in Andalucia region. There are numerous fountains in the village, the prettiest ones being the Fuente Del Canuelo and the Fuente Del Viejo. One of the village’s fountains dates back to Moorish times. El Saucejo’s parish church of San Marcos Evangelista was built in the early 18th century.
The current El Saucejo dates to the late sixteenth century, related to the House of Osuna, once part of the border that divided the Moor and Christian worlds, known as the “Moorish Band”: a series of farmhouses used for the economic exploitation of the territory. El Saucejo was given title in the seventeenth century and in 1838 formed its own Town Hall.
The town is full of amenities and there is a lovely municipal pool with bar/restaurant and garden area. El Saucejo in Seville has an 18 hole golf course and is only 17km to Osuna.